Trek Marlin 6 29"Regular price $949.95
The Marlin 6 is a cross-country mountain bike built to give you an efficient off-road ride with a suspension fork that locks out, and a simple 1x drivetrain. It's made for mountain biking, but it's also equipped with features like rack and kickstand mounts that make it a great choice for adventurous daily commutes.
It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminium frame with internal shift cable and brake hose routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, an efficient 2x8 drive train, powerful hydraulic disc brakes and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain, plus a suspension fork with a lever that lets you easily lock the suspension so you don't waste energy on smooth terrain.
The final word
Marlin 6 gives you upgrades you'll notice on every ride, like the suspension lockout and really smooth shifting Shimano drive train. Extra-strong double-walled rims and powerful hydraulic disc brakes give you durability and stopping power for your most rugged adventures on the trail, in town, and everywhere in between.
Why you'll love it
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it's backed by a lifetime warranty